easydb: Software for museums and collections
Digital collection development, exhibition planning and online collection on your website
easydb.museum is the web-based collection management software for museums and collections. Not only can you catalog and clearly manage your holdings along with associated metadata, but you can also use easydb to publish images on your website.
The diversity of museums in the German-speaking world is expressed in their collection focus and size. Digitally structuring the diversity of exhibits and research material and making it accessible is one of the greatest tasks facing museums today.
This is where the collection management software easydb.museum comes in and presents itself as a flexible and highly scalable museum software to digitally manage your image collection. Thus, each easydb.museum is unique and subject-specific adapted to the needs of the respective museum.
Digital collection management functions
Support your trustees and staff through easydb.museum - after customization to your requirements - for example, in the following areas of responsibility:
- Subject indexing of your collection objects
- Control of your restorations
- Organization of interlibrary loan
- Maintenance of the photo library (image collection) with image and video integration; support of all common media formats is guaranteed
- Web presence for the presentation of the collection objects on the website of your museum
- Orientation towards SPECTRUM standard (German translation by WG Collection Management) for the management of collection-related information possible
Standard data and exchange formats
To ensure efficient digital indexing and smooth exchange of your digital collection in the new museum software, easydb.museum has a special focus on the possibility of standardization and integration of standardized data and exchange formats. easydb.museum can be configured on request to support the following standards:
- Gemeinsame Normdatei (GND) of the German National Library, formerly Schlagwortnormdatei (SWD), Personennormdatei (PND) and Gemeinsame Körperschaftdatei (GKD).
- Metadata standards and exchange: Dublin Core, LIDO, museumdat, connection to excavation or library systems via standardized interfaces, exchange with library formats
- Connection to long-term archiving systems
- Classification concept ICONCLASS
- More upon request
Case studies museums
If you have any questions about easydb.museum - the software for Museum - we look forward to hearing from you via our contact form. Manage, preserve, research, publish and exhibit objects from your extensive collection digitally and web-based with easydb.museum.