Jobs for Students (f/m)
Programmfabrik GmbH is located in the heart of Berlin and provider of the web-based technology easydb. easydb is a flexible repository for media data with relational structured metadata. In the field of Public Relations and marketing easydb.digitalasset is successfully used as digital asset management system. easydb.university, easydb.museum and easydb.archive are based on the same code. These modular solutions are used for the management of cultural heritage, teaching resources and research data.
The easydb backend is based on modern software technologies: Continuous delivery with Docker, Debian or Ubuntu Linux, Apache Server, easydb Server and easy asset server (EAS), Eleasticsearch, PostgreSQL and ImageMagick.
Programmfabrik offers students the possibility to gain first practical experience and use and expand coding knowledge. We are hiring a student assistant to expand our team with focus on product development and quality assurance.
As part of our innovative team you will work on the 5th version of our product easydb:
- test basic and special client features
- write detailed bug reports and work in close cooperation with our developers
- Participation in planning of the easydb server and EAS development
- Participation in the ongoing optimization of existing easydb backend features
- Creating new backend plugins
- Participation in the ongoing optimization of easydb RESTful-HTTP-API
Following knowledge can be used and expanded:
- System administration Debian/Ubuntu Linux Server + Windows Clients
- Frontend Design with HTML + SCSS or Photoshop
- Support & Documentation in German and English
You are highly interested in software development and you fulfill following requirements:
- according to your coding skills you are studying a relevant subject
- you have a good sense for trends, design and usability
- you maintain a responsible and thorough way of working
We offer you a challenging and exciting job opportunity:
- Compatibility of work and study
- Short and fast decision-making due to flat hierarchy
- Excellent working atmosphere in a motivated team
- Thorough induction training, extraordinary willingness to help and collegial spirit
- Located at Prenzlauer Berg in Berlin with excellent public transportation links
- Start immediately
- Part time (10-20h)
Have we sparked your interest? Then please send us your convincing application via e-mail at: email@example.com.