Useful knowledge and important terms
On the following pages you will find information worth knowing about the Digital Asset Management system (DAM system) and image databases.
These include, for example, the questions:
- What is a digital asset?
- What is the difference between frontend and backend?
- What is metadata and where can I find it?
- What is the purpose of (work) folders?
- What is a watermark and what can it be used for?
- When does it make sense to use an image database ?
- What is the difference between classic client-based software and web-based software?
Alphabetical overview of the glossary:
- Exchange format
- API (interface)
- Data sharing
- German Museum Association
- Digital asset
- Digital Asset Managaement system
- Digital Humanities
- DHd Annual Conference
- Structure standards (metadata)
- Interface (API)
Schwedter Straße 9B
Phone +49 30 4050579-0
Fax +49 30 4050579-19